Black Friday and Cyber Monday is almost here and we’re all about to embark on this insane shopping extravaganza. While Black Friday has its perks, it can also be a dangerous time for spending. If you’re not careful or don’t plan ahead, you could end up with a bunch of stuff that doesn’t fit your needs, budget or closet. Here are some tips to make sure your Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping experience is as stress-free as possible:
Planning ahead is key to a successful shopping experience. Here are some tips:
- Make a list of what you want to buy and stick to it. This will help ensure that you don’t overspend or forget something important, like milk for your coffee on Monday morning.
- Have a budget in mind so that when those deals come around, they won’t tempt you into buying things outside of your price range.
- Plan out your route before hitting the stores, it’ll help keep things organised and prevent any unnecessary frustration from long lines or crowded parking lots!
Plan well enough and you may be able to avoid maddening crowds. If all else fails, you can always drop some items in your online basket and see if any specials hit on the day.
Make a Budget
Make a budget. This is the most important step, but it can be difficult to do if you don’t know what your expenses are going to be. You’ll need to plan ahead and make a list of what you want and how much money you have available. For example, if there’s an item on your list that costs R1000, but you only have R500 left in your bank account, then this isn’t the time for impulse shopping.
If possible, try not to use credit cards or loans during Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales; use cash instead, so that there’s no chance of overspending. Remember, the point of having a budget is to ensure that you spend within your means. The added benefit is that it helps you stay disciplined and ensure that you’re only buying the essentials.
Beat the Queue
Nobody ever gets excited for queues. Ask anyone standing in a Home Affairs line. Here are some useful tips to remember:
- Check the stores that have special lines for holiday deals and get in line early.
- Don’t just wait in line, make sure you know what you want before you get there.
- Make sure you have a plan B if the store runs out of the item you want.
Don’t let the lines trick you into thinking there’s a shortage of items or that they won’t have more. Stores know how popular their deals are going to be and will often have more than enough product on hand for everyone who wants it. If they do happen to sell out, you can usually find nearly as many deals online as in-store and you don’t have to deal with crowds or traffic.
Deals Are Everywhere
If you’re going to be out shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, here are some tips for getting the best deals.
- If you want to save money during Black Friday weekend, don’t pay full price for anything. You can still find great deals on all kinds of things if you know where to look.
- You can get great deals in stores as well as online; just make sure that when looking at prices online vs in person, both options include delivery costs. If they don’t include those costs, then there’s no way of knowing whether one option is cheaper than another.
Be extra vigilant, since retailers know that you have some extra money to burn. Do your research and you won’t have to work too hard to find those deals.
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Black Friday is the best time to buy, but it’s also the busiest. If you’re thinking about going out and buying something, make a list of what you want. In this way, when the sales start rolling in, your head isn’t spinning from all the options. And don’t forget about Cyber Monday specials!
Cyber Monday isn’t just about getting the best deals on electronics and tech. It’s also the perfect time to stock up on gifts for everyone in your life. In a tech savvy society, everyone could do with a gadget that makes life that much more enjoyable.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great days for deals, but can be overwhelming if you don’t plan ahead. Make sure you have a list of everything you want before you set out. Check both online and offline options, you may save on fuel. At Big Beard Web Solutions we’ll be offering some killer online deals too. We trust that these tips serve you well. Good luck out there!